A female community health volunteer has died due to cobra bite in Jhapa.
Rupa Mainali(40yo) of Mechinagar-1 Jhapa died due to poisonous snake bite. Mainali was bitten Thursday night at her own home. She was taken to snakebite treatment center of Nepal Army but was referred to B&C Hospital in Jhapa as her condition was already very serious.
Her family members informed that she died on the way to B&C hospital. She was bitten by spectacled(Indian) cobra which is considered one of the most venomous species of cobra. Snakebites are frequent in rainy seasons as this is time for snakes to come out of their habitat due to heavy rain.
Using nets and closing windows while sleeping, wearing sandles while walking, removing bushes around houses are few common measure to prevent from snakebite.